Lemon Rosemary Chicken with Potatoes
The past few weeks my wife and I have been doing more and more weeknight cooking. Normally we cook a few meals over the weekend and then eat them throughout the week. It’s good to have a stock of quick weeknight recipes that you can easily put together when you get home. This chicken is a really simple dish and one that you can have on the table in not much more than 30 or 40 minutes.
My mom made a similar dish when I was growing up and it is another variation of the chicken with chorizo and potatoes I made last winter. The chicken is exceptionally juicy (I used thighs but breasts would work too) and all you need is a salad or some veggies to make this a meal. The rosemary, garlic, and lemon add wonderful flavors but the real secret is a bit of dijon mustard. This sort of weeknight meal is probably going to become more typical for us because in 2.5 weeks…
we will be bringing home one of these puppies! I think growing up the only two things I wanted were Lego and a golden retriever. I had (and continue to have) plenty of Lego but family allergies made the dog an impossibility.
Part of the reason we moved to our current apartment complex is because they allow larger dogs and we’ve been talking about getting one for almost two years. For many reasons we wanted to wait until springtime and now the months of waiting are down to just days! I’m sure I’ll be sharing more pictures as the spring and summer go on.
- 2 lbs boneless chicken thighs or breasts
- 2 lbs small red potatoes, quartered
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl mix together oil, mustard, garlic, lemon juice, and lemon zest
- Place the chicken and potatoes on a large baking sheet or roasting pan. Pour the dressing over and mix with your hands. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the chicken in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, until the potatoes are golden brown and the chicken has been cooked through.